Listed below are the official and non official side effects of the drug Propecia. The official side effects have been taken directly from the manufacturers pdf leaflet label found contained with all Propecia packaging.
It is largely speculated that Merck, the drug manufacturer, have known all along of the long term, permanent side effects caused by Propecia.
In 2010 the FDA forced Merck, to make updated changes to the side effect information leaflet to add and include the following newly established side effects, Depression, Breast Cancer As well as now stating all other mentioned side effects may not go away after ceasing taking the drug !!!
Let It Be Known That Propecia Side Effects Can Take Place At Any Given Time And It Mainly Depends Upon The Individual. For Example, It Has Been Known To Cause Severe Adverse Reactions In Men Who Have Only Taken One Pill, Whereas Other Men Will Not Experience The Side Effects Until Much Later, Maybe Even After Several Months Or Years Of Usage, Never The Less, Sooner Or Later The Side Effects Do Seem To Appear And What Is More Important To Remember For Most Users, The Side Effects Seem To Be More Apparent Once Men Discontinue Taking Propecia !!!
(1) Decrease in your blood Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) levels. PROPECIA can affect a blood test called PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen) for the screening of prostate cancer. If you have a PSA test done you should tell your healthcare provider that you are taking PROPECIA because PROPECIA decreases PSA levels. Changes in PSA levels will need to be evaluated by your healthcare provider. Any increase in follow-up PSA levels from their lowest point may signal the presence of prostate cancer and should be evaluated, even if the test results are still within the normal range for men not taking PROPECIA. You should also tell your healthcare provider if you have not been taking PROPECIA as prescribed because this may affect the PSA test results. For more information, talk to your healthcare provider.
(2) There may be an increased risk of a more serious form of prostate cancer in men taking finasteride at 5 times the dose of PROPECIA.
The most common side effects of PROPECIA include:
(3) Decrease in sex drive
(4) Trouble getting or keeping an erection
(5) A decrease in the amount of semen
The following have been reported in general use with PROPECIA:
(6) Breast tenderness and enlargement. Tell your health care provider about any changes in your breasts such as lumps, pain or nipple discharge.
(8) Decrease in sex drive that continued after stopping the medication
(9) Allergic reactions including rash, itching, hives and swelling of the lips and face;
(10) Problems with ejaculation that continued after stopping medication
(11) Testicular pain
(12) Difficulty in achieving an erection that continued after stopping the medication
(13) Male infertility and/or poor quality of semen.
(14) In rare cases, male breast cancer.
Other Common Non Listed Side Effects Experienced By Many Users
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information, ideas and opinions posted and expressed on www.propeciasideefects.co.uk do not constitute professional medical advice, most of the written information on this website is based upon actual personal usage of the drug, Propecia and this website has been created by the owner to provide information and a personal insight into this particular drug and the owner reserves the right to freedom of speech to express their opinions. Website visitors and readers acknowledge and agree that their decision to access the www.propeciasideefects.co.uk website, reading of content, and use of information posted therein is done so under their own free will and at their own risk. The owner of the www.propeciasideefects.co.uk website is in no way responsible or liable for any damages whether they be direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or general damages, contribution or indemnity, of any kind whatsoever, howsoever caused, arising out of the use or non-availability of this Website, or reliance on the Content contained herein, resulting from any decision taken on the basis of information provided through the Website, or resulting from the Content of other websites which are linked to through this Website